Our History

1950

January 2, 1950, Luis Echecopar Garcia establishes Estudio Echecopar. The first office was located at Pasaje Encarnacion, Cercado de Lima.

1964

After the death of its founder, his son, Luis Echecopar Rey, takes over the management of the Firm.

1970

The Firm moves to Jiron Ocoña, Cercado de Lima.

1976

Young partners take over the management of the Firm, keeping the founding partners' principles and values and giving rise to an important growth in the legal services to national and foreign clients.

1985

The Firm moves its offices to San Isidro and becomes one of the most important and prestigious law firms in Peru.

1998

The Firm moves its offices to San Borja. A growth and modernization process begins in order to cover all areas of law related to business and economic activities.

2007

Manuel de la Puente, an outstanding member of the Firm, one of the most distinguished specialists in civil law in Peru and President of the Special Commission for the Reform of the Civil Code of 1983, has passed away.

2012

The Firm associates with the global firm Baker McKenzie, one of the most important and prestigious law firms in the world. Estudio Echecopar became the first Peruvian law firm to take the leap to globalization.

2020

Celebrating its 70th anniversary, the Firm will move to a new and modern building in San Isidro, permanently looking to improve its client services and using state-of-the-art technology.